Sushi is a Japanese dish, and a Sushi bake dish is simply a deconstructed Sushi roll, a casserole-style baked food that you scoop up, and it is served on seaweed. The idea to bake sushi in a casserole is from Hawaii, a state of the United States. Sushi bake dish is a satisfying, savory, and easy to make, that you can bake in a casserole with layers of salmon, sushi rice flavored with vinegar, fish roe, and crab sticks. Now Sushi Bake is the treading quarantine food in the Philippines.
- Fish roe. Fish roe adds color, texture to the dish, and gives salty flavor.
- To this recipe, salmon is the main protein.
- Roasted seaweed. This is used as a wrap.
- Cooked short-grain rice. This is the main ingredient in sushi.
- Sour cream. It adds to the salmon mixture a ‘tang.’
- Japanese mayo. It binds fish roe and sour cream and shredded salmon meat together.
- This is Japanese seasoned rice that adds color and flavor to the sushi bake layer.
- Seasoning salt. Used in seasoning the salmon
- Preheat your oven up to 350 degrees F.
- Take a foil and line your pan with it then spray using cooking spray. Place your salmon on the readily prepared pan, after which you sprinkle top with the seasoning salt. Put it and leave it to bake for about 15 to 18 minutes. If it is ready, you will be able to flake the salmon easily with a folk. Therefore you then shred the salmon meat using folk and set it aside. Your baking time may vary, though considering the thickness of the salmon you have used.
- Preheat your oven for up to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the already shredded salmon mean in a large bowl with mayo and sour cream, and mix thoroughly. Mix the fish roe in gently and set aside.
- Take a 9X13- inch glass baking dish and lightly grease it. Using your wet hand to avoid sticking, gently press the cooked short-grain rice at the bottom of your prepared glass baking dish. Sprinkle a half-cup of Furikake on the top of rice. Take the salmon mixture and spread it on top, then sprinkle the rest half cup of Furikake remaining. Put the baking dish in your preheated oven and allow it to bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the top turn golden brown.
- Allow your Sushi bake to cool for 5 minutes and using a spoon, scoop, and place and wrap in seaweed sheet a small amount of sushi bake and eat.
Sushi bake is rich in Omega3, and the seductive thing about sushi is that you will be able to prepare different varieties and options which will enable you to find the one you love.