Carne Asada Recipe – Carne asada is a beef dish that is full of flavor and spices. This dish is popular in Latin culture and is originates in Mexico. In Mexico, it is the main dish served at parties and other celebrations. This is a tasty carne asada recipe that embraces all of the spices.
- 5-pound beef skirt steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, cut into slices
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, cut into slices
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves, cut up
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. white pepper
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Mexican oregano
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Place the skirt steak in a plastic bag that can be sealed.
- Mix the water, sliced orange, orange juice, lime juice, lime slices, vinegar, cilantro, salt, oil, white and black peppers, oregano, chili powder, cumin, and cloves. Whisk them to combine the flavors.
- Pour the marinade over the skirt steak. Seal up the bag.
- Allow the steak to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. There will be more intense flavor if it is allowed to sit overnight. The meat can be grilled at any time since it will be tender and flavorful.
- Heat a gas grill so that it reaches medium heat. Grill the steak around 3 minutes pre per side. Allow the steak to rest and then it can be served.
While this dish is known for spices, the spice level can be adjusted as needed. The carne asada can be served with sour cream and other condiments as needed. While this is a dish known in Mexico, it is popular throughout Latin American.