Lacinato Kale works better for salads. It’s a little bit sweeter and more delicate (less crunchy and easier to chew) than curly kale. I came up with my method on how to prepare, slightly marinate and store kale for use with different salad during the week.
How to Prepare, Marinate and Store 1 Bunch Lacinato Kale
- Wash thoroughly, especially if you are buying on farmers market. Unless you buy pre-washed.
- Dry in the salad spinner or just simply place between two paper towels.
- Cut the ribs out of the leaves. I used kitchen scissors.
- Rough-chop the kale leaves.
- Prepare Marinade: 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1/2 Tbsp. honey. Whisk well, until honey fully dissolved.
- Massage marinade gently with your hands to have leaves absorb some of the dressing and get a little bit softer.
- Place in the air tight hermetic plastic food container.
- Store in the refrigerator. Good for a 4 days. Acid will break down the fibers in the kale and make it easier to chew.